Cetup celebrates European Sustainable Development Week (ESDW) (30 May to 5 June, 2019)
Did you know? The first European Sustainable Development Week started in France in 2015. It then spread to our European neighbours. Organised by the authorities in each country, the ESDW aims to explain Sustainable Development (SD) to the general public, raise awareness about SD issues and promote all forms of tangible individual or community efforts, from the humblest to the most ambitious.
Cetup, an everyday contributor to Sustainable Development
You have entrusted your transport operations to Cetup, a company that’s firmly committed to SD, with ISO 14001 certification. That’s why we’d like to tell you about our eco-actions, from our small, everyday acts to our big, strategic decisions.
- In partnership with Elise, we carefully sort and recycle all the paper we use for our work at the head office.
- We also sort all other waste according to a waste manual that we’ve developed.
- We equip our team with reusable tableware and control our use of on-site water and electricity.
- Every day, we continue our efforts to digitize internal and outgoing documents.
- Surrounded by trees and fitted with large glass windows that let in the natural light, our new site in Saint-Jean-de-Moirans helps maintain biodiversity.
- Our exclusive fleet is made up of recent (Euro 6 standard), clean and alternative-fuel vehicles (Kangoo ZE, Kangoo ZE H2, cars that run on ethanol fuel).
- Using eco-driving and restrictions on our Pilot’s vehicles, we deliberately lower our carbon dioxide emissions (CO2).
- For many years, we have partnered with the NGO Planète Urgence to fight against deforestation in Madagascar.
- Since 2011, we have renewed our triennial agreements with the French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME) and have been members of the “Objective CO2 Programme”, the programme to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the transport sector.
- As a member of the Global Compact Advanced, we meet 16 of the 17 UN Global Compact SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals).
- We support “Actions Santé Femme”, a French NGO that assists young Malagasy women in their everyday lives and their future.
- Finally, on the eve of One Planet Summit, at the end of 2017, we joined 91 signatories of the French Business Climate Pledge to help lower the temperature of the planet by 2° by 2020.
Today, in celebrating the fourth ESDW, we would like to thank you for standing by our side.
Your renewed confidence in us allows us, each day, “to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”*.
*Brundtland Report, from the UN World Commission on Environment and Development (1987)